Yesterday I mentioned that this week I’d be getting myself thoroughly checked out: physical, vision test and a visit to the podiatrist.
Well, I called my foot doctor’s office and managed to snag an open spot on the schedule for Monday.
A quick jaunt to Burbank later and there I was lounging in the waiting room.
And by lounging, I meant sweating bullets.
You see, one reason for going to the office was to follow up on my new orthotics. But the other reason was this new and unexplained pain on the top of my left foot that flared up shortly after I ran my 3-pack of races. Read the rest of this entry
Those readers who have been following Tripping The Kenyans since Day One know that my feet are far from perfect.
For newer readers, let me just say: My feet are sorta messed up… always have been, especially ole “righty.”
So messed up in fact that some of my earliest posts (dubbed by moi as “The Freaky Foot Chronicles”) highlighted some of their inherent nastiness.
You can flashback and check them out here if you’d like.
- The Freaky Foot Chronicles: Chapter 1 (Part 1)
- The Freaky Foot Chronicles: Chapter 1 (Part 2)
- The Freaky Foot Chronicles: Chapter 2
To summarize, I’ve been dealing with:
- Overlapping toes (which I handle using Injinji toe socks)
- Extremely high arches (which I battle with custom made orthotic inserts)
- Early stage arthritis in my right foot big toe (courtesy of dropping a cabana on it years ago)