…MY RACIEST MONTH
Ah, November is upon us.
Which means many things:
- Baseball season is over (Congrats Cubs).
- Football season is heating up (Go Packers, Badgers, and ‘Noles).
- It’s time to vote (Get out there America).
- Thanksgiving is just around the corner (Gobble gobble).
- Christmas is right behind it (have you seen the stores).
And November also means one other thing to me: It’s time to run races.
A whole lot of races.
Ever since I first started distance running, I’ve always done a race during November. Typically around Thanksgiving. After all Turkey Day is the most popular race day of the year (July 4th is the runner up). You can read about that here.
I guess a whole lot of people want to earn their turkey.
But for me, the entire month of November seems to have become my default “run central.” In 2014 I ran three half marathons in under 33 hours. And last year I ran another trio of races during November (with an additional race the last week of October and another the first week of December).
In 2016 I seem to be continuing this plentiful pavement pounding pastime. While I did not run a race this weekend (would have love to been doing the NY Marathon if I could just get chosen in the lottery), the next 5 weeks are spoken for.
Here’s what I’ve got on tap:
- 11/12- REVEL Canyon City Half Marathon
- 11/19- Lexus LaceUp Palos Verdes 10K
- 11/24- Atlanta Half Marathon or Marietta Gobble Jog 10K (haven’t decided which yet)
- 12/4- Lexus LaceUp Riverside Half Marathon
- 12/10- Santa Monica/Venice Christmas Run 10K*
Now I know a pair of those races are in December (and I’m still not 100% committed to the Santa Monica race), but if stores can have Christmas decorations up at 12:01 am November 1st, then I don’t feel too bad about considering early December to be an extension of November. Fair ’nuff?
It’s the most run-derful time of the year. (It helps if you sing it)
Appreciate really bad puns… and Run on!
Is there one month you tend to run more races than others? Let me know.
Posted on November 7, 2016, in General and tagged Atlanta Half Marathon, Lexus LaceUp Palos Verdes, Lexus LaceUp Riverside, Marietta Gobble Jog, Revel Canyon City, Thanksgiving. Bookmark the permalink. 4 Comments.