A week ago I ran my last race of 2016, the Santa Monica-Venice Christmas Run 10K. Clad in holiday colors and matching reindeer antlers (of course), I lumbered through the streets of (you guessed it) Santa Monica and Venice. I had a really good time and also finished with a pretty good time (58:41), my fastest 10K for the year.
Now that I’ve placed my last piece of 2016 race bling upon the wall (time to get another medal hanger too), it’s time to take quick glance back at the running year that was.
Back in December of 2015 I stated that my overall plan for 2016 was to “take it as it comes.” Meaning simply that I wouldn’t obsess over obtaining goals, but rather just go forward and have fun. In hindsight, that plan seems to have worked out pretty well. Read the rest of this entry
…MY RACIEST MONTH
Ah, November is upon us.
Which means many things:
- Baseball season is over (Congrats Cubs).
- Football season is heating up (Go Packers, Badgers, and ‘Noles).
- It’s time to vote (Get out there America).
- Thanksgiving is just around the corner (Gobble gobble).
- Christmas is right behind it (have you seen the stores).
And November also means one other thing to me: It’s time to run races. Read the rest of this entry