PENCIL ME IN FOR THE FALL- PART 2: REVEL RACE SERIES
Last week I posted the first part of a story about Fall race series that I’m involved with (serving as a race ambassador for Lexus LaceUp).
Ready for part two?
This week I’m here to give a shout out about the REVEL Race series, which kicks off its second season next month.
The REVEL Race series consists of a trio of marathons/half marathons:
- REVEL Rockies (Denver, CO) – 7/19/15
- REVEL Big Cottonwood (Salt Lake City, Utah) – 9/12/15
- REVEL Canyon City (Azusa, CA)- 11/7/15
If you’re looking for a fast course, then look no further. All three REVEL races feature downhill courses with descents as great as 5000.’ If you’re in the mood to set a PR or hoping to qualify for Boston, then you should give these courses a serious gander (and yes, they’re all USATF certified).
Oh, and I should mention that the races have some incredible scenery. The courses are nestled up in the mountains, providing some vivid vistas. While running the REVEL Big Cottonwood Half Marathon last year I remember being amazed by the view and uttering “Wow” out loud several times.
And if you’re still on the fence about giving the a REVEL race a try, check out the myriad of runner’s perks the series offers:
Stylish men’s & women’s tech race shirts (with the option to choose tank top, short sleeve or long sleeve shirts).
- No registration “convenience” fees.
- Discounts for social media or joining a team.
- Great bib transfer and race withdrawal policies.
- Free race photos.
- Free personalized runner’s video.
- Awesome finisher’s medals.
- Additional runner’s swag, like gloves and a mylar blanket for race morning.
- Great food at the finish line. In addition to the snacks you expect, REVEL races in the past have also had: pizza, chicken nuggets, fresh pie, soda and beer (for +21 runners).
Pretty sweet, don’t you think?
If you want to learn more about the REVEL series, click on the medal below.
As one of the REVEL Race Ambassadors I can help you save a little green on the way to a potential PR. By joining Team “Tripping The Kenyans” you can save $5 on each race registration (in addition to the $5 social media discount, if you choose). Interested? Then click on my team race links below:
Any questions about the race series, please drop me a line. I hope to see you out on the mountains this season.
Revel in the experience… and Run on!