FALL FUN PART 2: REVEL RACE SERIES
Last week, in the midst of the sweltering summer sun, I started looking ahead to my fall race schedule.
I’m back this week to “revel” about another very cool race series: The REVEL Race Series.
NOTE: I’ve been a REVEL Race Series ambassador since 2014 and have had an absolute blast.
The REVEL race series features a four-pack of races each year (from April to November):
- REVEL Big Cottonwood (UT)- September 10, 2016
- REVEL Canyon City (CA)- November 12, 2016
- REVEL Mt. Charleston (NV)- April 29, 2017
- REVEL Rockies (CO)- June 11, 2017
The first thing you should know about these races is they are downhill and FAST. I mean really fast. Damn fast. If you’re gunning for a PR or Boston qualifier (all courses are USATF certified), look no further.
Personally, 3 of my fastest 4 half marathons (and my personal PR) have come whilst pounding REVEL pavement.
It’s actually kind of a shame you’re going so fast, because REVEL features some very scenic courses. Big Cottonwood is downright beautiful. I saw a moose while running it in 2014. Seriously, a moose. I don’t know if it was cheering me on or not (in my mind it was).
And when it comes to runner’s perks, REVEL races have got you covered. Here’s some of the sweet swag you can expect at a REVEL race:
- Great looking tech shirt (You can pick short sleeve or long sleeve)
- Bonus swag item (Mt. Charleston had a REVEL running skullcap)
- Pre-race mylar blanket and gloves (it gets cold up there y’all)
- Cool finisher’s medals (Big pieces o’ bling)
- Free race photos (Oh yeah)
- Free personalized race video (A nice bonus)
- Great finish line food (I’ve had apple pie, pizza, chicken nuggets and beer)
- Transfer/Withdrawal Option (Click here to learn more)
REVEL also has a challenge medal. Run 3 of the 4 REVEL races in a calendar year (either half or full marathon) and you get the “Triple Reveler” medal to add to your collection.
Another new feature they’ve added is an optional online coaches training program, specifically designed for preparing for a downhill race.
As for registration, the prices are reasonable with NO STUPID PROCESSING FEES (woo hoo). Plus, you can get $5 off any race with a Facebook discount (worth it).
On top of that, if you sign up for a team, you can get an extra $5 off. And I’d be happy to have you on my team. Just sign up for team “Tripping The Kenyans” at registration for any race and you get to keep an extra Lincoln in your pocket to do with as you please.
I ran Mt. Charleston earlier this year (my 3rd fastest half marathon ever) and it was a great time. Come September I’ll be running Big Cottonwood for the third time (my fastest half marathon ever) and heading down Canyon City in November. It’d be cool to see you there too.
REVEL in a great race series… and Run on!