REVELLING IN 2015
Registration is officially underway for all three of the races in the 2015 REVEL Race Series.
For those of you not in the know, the REVEL race series currently consists of three marathons/half marathons:
- REVEL Rockies (Denver, CO) – 7/19/15
- REVEL Big Cottonwood (Salt Lake City, Utah) – 9/12/15
- REVEL Canyon City (Azusa, CA)- 11/7/15
And all three of these race share some great features:
They’re all fast courses. Really fast. Like “greased lightning” fast. These races all feature downhill courses, some with descents up to 5000′ (that’s almost a mile to you and me). Can you say PR? And for those of you looking to qualify for Boston, all three courses are USATF certified.
They’re all scenic courses. Since the courses are typically nestled up in the mountains, you get some absolutely wonderful vistas as you run.
They’re runner friendly. Meaning? These races have a lot of wonderful runner perks, including some unique to the REVEL series.
Check out just some of what you get:
- No silly registration “convenience” fees.
- Social media discount and discount for forming or joining a team.
- Great bib transfer and race withdrawal policies.
- Free race photos.
- Free personalized runner’s video.
- Stylish men’s & women’s tech race shirts (with ability to choose tank top, short sleeve or long sleeve shirt).
- Great finisher’s medal (these things are sweet).
- Additional runner’s swag, like gloves and a mylar blanket for race morning.
- Great food at the finish line. In addition to snacks you expect, REVEL races in the past have also had: pizza, chicken nuggets, fresh pie, soda and beer (for +21 runners).
- These are races designed for runners by people who understand runners (let’s face it, we can be scary at times).
Click on the Revel logo below to learn more about the series and for information on how to register.
Now, I’m one of the REVEL Race Series ambassadors, and not just because I look good in orange. I really enjoy the races, my fellow runners and the race coordinators/staff. This year I’ll be running all three of the REVEL races.
I’ve just started up Team “TRIPPING THE KENYANS.” So sign up for the races below using my team name and you can save $5 on each race registration (in addition to the $5 social media discount). Just click below:
If you have any questions, please drop me a note… otherwise I hope to see you out there pounding the “downhill” pavement with me and the other REVELLERS this year.