CONTEST: CANYON CITY CHA-CHA
I had a blast running the REVEL Big Cottonwood Half Marathon in Salt Lake City back in September.
It was an absolutely gorgeous downhill mountain course. And not only did I meet up with some good friends (and made some new ones) but like many other runners, I had a fantastic run and achieved a PR.
Ready for an encore?
The REVEL race series is preparing for the final race in its 2014 season and it’s going to be a fun one: The inaugural running of the REVEL Canyon City Marathon/Half Marathon on November 15th in Azusa, California.
Here’s your chance to be there from the start and become a legacy runner.
The REVEL Canyon City Marathon/Half Marathon takes runners from the mountains of the Angeles National Forest down to the foothills of Azusa.
The marathon course features a decline of over 5,000 feet and the half marathon course drops almost 1,000 feet.
This is another downhill course perfect for you to achieve a PR… and it is a USATF certified course and “Boston qualifier.”
How about a quick tour of the marathon course (if only we could all run this fast):
In addition, REVEL Canyon City runners get some tremendous race swag:
- Cool gender-specific tech T-shirts
- Awesome finisher’s medal
- Great additional race swag
- Free race photos and personalized video
- Finish line festivities
You can check out more about the race by clicking on the image below:
I’ll be there running the half marathon and I’d like you to join me and my fellow REVELers… for FREE.
That’s right, it’s time for another giveaway and the prize is a FREE entry to the REVEL Canyon City race.
Here’s the necessary info:
- This contest is open to everyone (be sure to tell your friends)!
- The prize is one entry (Marathon or Half Marathon, your choice) into the REVEL Canyon City Race on November 15th, 2014.
- Transportation/lodging is NOT included, but you can find hotel listings on the REVEL website.
- If the winner is unavailable or doesn’t respond within 72 hours of the contest ending, I’ll award the prize to another entry.
- And after the race is done, if you write up a summary describing your experience (hopefully with pics), I’ll post it on Tripping The Kenyans.
Here’s how you enter:
You can register here by copying or clicking on this link: https://promosimple.com/ps/5cfa
Or you can head to the Tripping The Kenyans Facebook by clicking here and going to the contest story: TRIPPING THE KENYANS FB PAGE
The contest starts at 7:00am PST on October 20th and ends at 9:00pm PST on October 26th. The winner will be announced on October 27th.
Now, what if you’re already entered in the REVEL Canyon City race and win the contest? No problem. You can either get a refund of your registration fee… or even better, you can pick a friend to join you for a mountain run near the City of Angels.
Good luck to everyone who enters… and Run on!